martes, 22 de diciembre de 2009

Cuento de Navidad ganador


Certamen de cuentos de Navidad en inglés

Categoría: E.S.O.

1er premio

Carolynne Williams (pseudónimo: Cammie)



Hello , I am the talking lamppost of the night and I have a story to tell you, about a little girl named Libby .

From what I can remember , it was about Christmas in the early 1980 ´s roughly 30 years ago. At the time she was about 5 years old and she had beautiful long blond hair ...shoulder length, I´d say.
Lovely little girl, it was a shame her parents weren´t so lovely: they left her at a Christmas fair on the High Street, in London ......

Anyway ... When she had spent a couple of hours looking for her parents she finally came to the conclusion that her parents had left without her . So she started to wonder out of the fair and on to the festively decorated,cobbled streets of London tightly hugging the teddy bear she had earlier won in the night. She walked and she walked trying to find her way back home but she just couldn´t get there. She accidentally wondered into a forest , unfortunately it was one of London´s biggest forests, there was not much chance of her getting out . The night drew closer, the sky started to get darker and darker until she could not see a thing , so she sat down next to a tree and not before long she fell asleep.

When the little girl woke up it was Christmas Eve morning.
And she carried on walking until she finally came the other side of the humungous forest.

By now it must have been about twenty past one in the morning and because the little was so exhausted from all the walking, she decided to stop underneath me and she lent against me, layed her forehead on my red and green tinsle and she started to cry .

“Where are my mummy and daddy? “
“Why did they leave me?” she said .
Then , one of her tears dropped on to me and I said very softly amd calmly “ Please dont cry, young child. “
The little girl jumped back and frightfully said “ Who is there , who is speaking? “ .I explained: “I am the talking lamp post of the night, I can help you”. The little girl looked up at the bright light in astonishment . Libby was used to fairy tales so a lamp post addressing didn´t come as much of a shock! “ How can you help me?” she said looking up at myself
into the bright light .

I said “I have a friend who is a traffic light, I think she can help you get back to a safe place by Christmas”. “.Then I called over to her and she answered with a great idea !! I explained that she would flash her lights red , orange , green
to catch atention .

So the traffic light started flashing her colours faster and faster until there was a terrible traffic jam.
A police man came to examine the situation and he saw Libby , sitting in the light of myself ,huggy her teddy .

I´ll always remember the police man ,.. nice man ,he picked her up and said “What are you doing here?” She answered “I got lost and the traffic light helped me”. Then all of a sudden, the traffic light stopped flashing. The police man smiled and put the little girl in to the the police car .

The policeman saw that the little girl was very hungry and so he offered to share his cheese and pickle sandwich with her. The little girl didn´t really like pickle but she was so hungry she ate it anyway .

The policeman took the little girl home and decided to adopt her. The little is grown up now and she has three lovely children: two boys and one girl. The little girl is named Samantha,and the two boys,Johnathon and Christopher.

She tells her children about me and whenever she is around she always says “ hello”.



The end